FFmpeg Review, FFmpeg Vs. MEncoder
As you see, FFmpeg has become one of the most popular video player on the internet and are you planning to use FFmpeg on your website? Thanks for arriving our web hosting reviews website and here I’d like to bring some useful information about FFmpeg and FFmpeg comparison. If you’re interested in, welcome to Follow Me on Twitter. Thank you!
FFmpeg is an all in one audio and video converter, player, and server. It was originally created as a command line tool by Fabrice Bellard (under the pseudonym “Gerard Lantau”). It has now been ported for nearly all operating systems, including Linux, cygwin, Windows, and Mac OS X, some versions even have a GUI. The current project leader is Michael Niedermayer, and the project is maintained by mplayer. There are no formal releases, however there are daily subversion (SVN) releases that work really well most of the time.
MEncoder is a free command line video decoding, encoding and filtering tool released under the GNU General Public License. It is a close sibling to MPlayer and can convert all the formats that MPlayer understands into a variety of compressed and uncompressed formats using different codecs.
FFmpeg is developed under Linux, but it can be compiled under most operating systems, including Apple Inc. Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and AmigaOS.
- FFmpeg is a command line tool to convert one video file format to another. It can also grab and encode in real time from a TV card.
- Perfect wrapper of FFmpeg is easy, flexible and powerful.
- Input frames editable such as text and/or image overlay.
- Join multiple input files in variable formats to one output file.
- Support Frame Input (Bitmap canvas, Bitmap data, Bitmap DeviceContext, YUV).
- Support Frame Output (RGB, MJPEG, H.264, YUV).
- Support Screen Capture.
- Support Wave Capture.
- Support Video Filters, such as flip, negate, scale, rate, etc.
- Support previewing while converting.
- Converting multiple files in batchs built in.
- Task thread priority is configurable.
- Pause, Resume and Stop operations are available.
- Log messages event by FFLogger component.
- Conversion progress event.
- Support external standard Video Hook DLLs.
- Include Official Video Hooks Imlib2 and WaterMark.
- Include Delphi Video Hooks written in Delphi Language.
- Source of Delphi Video Hook as example is available.
- OnCustomHook event is a very easy and powerful way to edit all input frames acting as internal Video Hook, such as text and/or image overlay, reverse frame picture, and various effects what you can process on Canvas of frame Bitmap.
The “MEncoder” component of the MPlayer project is a tool which
allows creation of video streams. It supports almost the same set
of input sources as the player component and supports encoding from
these sources through various codecs, including the popular ffmpeg,
XviD and x264 families. “Transcoding” DVDs into avi files is also
FFmpeg Vs. MEncoder – What’s the difference?
Both FFmpeg & MEcoder are coming from the same company, but they’re having differences. Mencoder is an encoder – it cannot play. It encodes only. FFmpeg is a standalone application and library used by both mplayer and mencoder, but can also be used by itself. And there’s another tool called MPlayer which is a player, cannot encode.
Can you recommend a reliable web hosting for FFMPEG video application?
Yes! If you’re looking for a reliable web hosting service provider who can full support FFMPEG audio and video application, here’s the correct place you’ve arrived, the most reliable reliable FFMPEG web hosting company is Arvixe Inc.
Arvixe is a featured FFMPEG web hosting service provider who can offer unlimited disk space, unlimited monthly data transfer, multiple websites hosted, unlimited mysql databases, and they can support monthly paid billing cycle. If you sign up new web hosting account via our website, you can use coupon code “MVCHosting” to save 20% cost instantly.
|Click here to visit Arvixe FFmpeg Web hosting Plan|