Magento Review, Magento Vs. Prestashop
Are you planning to use Magento to start a new e-commerce website? Thank you for arriving our web hosting reviews website and here I’d like to compare Magento Vs Prestashop – If you’re not sure using Magento or Prestashop e-commerce software, this article will bring you some useful information.
What’s Magento Commerce?
Magento is a revolutionary e-commerce software product. Magento is an open-source ecommerce web application launched on March 31, 2008. Only 2 years developing, Magento has become one of the most popular open source e-commerce application in the industry.
PrestaShop is a free Open-Source e-Commerce Software for Web 2.0. PrestaShop is available under the Open Software License and officially launched in August 2007 for small to medium-sized businesses. The software, which is based on the Smarty template engine, has approximately 24,000 active stores as of August 2009.
Newest Magento Version: Magento Enterprise Edition Version 3.6
- Flexible Coupons (pricing rules) with ability to restrict to stores, customer groups, time period, products, and categories.
- Best Customers Report by Total and Number of Orders
- URL Rewrites give full control of URL’s
- Meta-information for products and categories
- Control multiple websites and stores from one Administration Panel with ability to share as much or as little information as needed
- Web Services API for easy integration between Magento and any third-party application
- One-Click Upgrades
- Google Website Optimizer Integration for A/B and Multivariate Testing
- View, edit, create and fulfill orders from admin panel.
- Create one or multiple invoices, shipments and credit memos per order to allow for split fulfillment
- Integrated with Google Checkout (Level 2)
- Payment Extensions Available through Magento Connect
- Configurable to authorize and charge, or authorize only and charge on creation of invoices
Okay, only list the features are not further enough, I’ve tried to install Magento commerce software and I admit this is a real amazing product for the e-commerce website. Magento is easy to get on with and you don’t need to have script knowledge and there are numerous themes for you to make choice. Of course, if you’re a professional website designer, you can design the featured theme with yourself. Magento is one powerful, easy to start with and very good for the new starters.
Magento Vs. PrestaShop – Who’s better?
Yes! In order to compare the 2 open source e-commerce softwares, I’ve downloaded the 2 applications separately and install with my own. PrestaShop is also a very good e-commerce application, but compared with Magento, I found it still has some weak points. As you see, I found the images of the homepage is a bit small and there are few themes for PrestaShop. At present, if you’d like to select one e-commerce application from Magento Vs. PrestaShop, I suggest you can try to start with Magento.
If you’d like to start a new e-commerce website with Magento Commerce, you need to search for a reliable web hosting to host it first. As you see, I’ve reviewed dozens of web hosting companies and here I’d like to recommend the 2 reliable Magento Commerce web hosting: Arvixe Vs. PacificHost
- Arvixe Inc. is a featured Windows & Linux web hosting service provider. If you’d like to host Magento website, you just need to sign up their Linux hosting plan. Arvixe offers unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, multiple websites hosted, free domain registrations.. Arvixe Linux hosting starts from $4.00/Month.
- PacificHost is one of the most famous Linux-based platform web hosting service provider in the industry. Till present, PacificHost is hosting more than 2,00,000 domain names on their web servers already. PacificHost shared web hosting starts from $2.45/Month and you can get unlimited disk space and bandwidth, too.