Sitefinity Reviews, Sitefinity Vs DotNetNuke
Do you know what’s Sitefinity CMS? Okay, maybe you’ve known DotNetNuke CMS application. Yes, DotNetNuke is the leading open source ASP.NET CMS software, but Sitefinity is also a very good ASP.NET CMS software. If you’re not sure to choose Sitefinity or DotNetNuke CMS application, this is the correct place you’ve visited, here I’d like to compare the 2 most famous ASP.NET CMS applications for you to check.
Sitefinity is a platform for development and management of websites, community portals, and intranets. Inspired by Web 2.0 UIs, the product delivers rich user experience, while the flexible architecture empowers developers to be in a full control.
DotNetNuke is an open source, extensible content management system that is ideal for creating and maintaining professional websites.
There are more than 6,000 websites worldwide are using Sitefinity CMS application at the moment. Sitefinity CMS makes it easy to reach out to your global community of editors and allow them to create and manage content in their own language.
- Drag-and-Drop Page Editing
- Ready-to-use modules: News, Blogs, Lists, Polls, etc
- Microsoft Word-like content editing environment
- Search engine optimization capabilities
- Ships with fully functional sample site
- Spam Protection (CAPTCHA)
- Pluggable Authentication
- Caching substitution controls
- Webfarm and Webgarden Support
- Built-in RadMediaPlayer for Silverlight
- Images and Documents Module
- Video library and Amazon S3 support
- Built-in RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX
- Completely customizable through Visual Studio
- Extensible architecture, fully exposed API
- Features suite of UI controls for ASP.NET
- Integration of ASP.NET controls and custom modules
- Support for multiple databases
There are more than 600,000 websites world-wide are using DotNetNuke CMS application at the moment. You can say DotNetNuke is the leading open source of ASP.NET CMS application. DNN provides an extensive framework and functionality for your project. Here’s a breakdown of some of the Features that are offered.
- DNN is Fully extensible and scalable
- Clearly licensed under a BSD-style license
- Constantly evolving through real world trial
- User friendly interface
- Large user base and easy access to community support
- Granular delegation of security, editing and administration
- Multi-portal hosting capabilities
- Bulk Email Support
- Free add-ons for Gateways, languages and real-time shipping
- Bundled with several modules to get your site up and running with some content
- Prevent hackers from order based on e-mail or IP address
- Browser based administration
- Unlimited products, categories
- Use as complete storefront
- Easily integrates into any existing web
- Order tracking messages
- Send message on order processed
- Configure over 300 Shop options using the browser
- Multiple administrators with different privileges
- Access and SQL Server in .NetNuke Windows version
DotNetNuke Vs Sitefinity – Who’s better?
I’ve tried to install DotNetNuke on my website before, but I didn’t use Sitefinity, since I don’t want to cost dollars to take a try. With my experience, DotNetNuke is a real good idea application for the web management content system. As you see, DotNetNuke is an open source software and it determines they’ll have much more users than Sitefinity. How’s the Sifinity software, here I’ve collected some advantages of Sitefinity:
- In Sitefinity CMS you can use master pages and themes from Visual Studio to build templates. Creating templates in Sitefinity is just combining a master page and a theme from Visual Studio and uploading them to our product.
- Creating modules and plugging them into Sitefinity CMS is easy. For more info on making modules you can review this link.
- Sitefinity UI has been designed with a focus on users.
- The Sitefinity CMS was built using the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, so you can use all of the tools inside your Sitefinity project.
- Sitefinity CMS is built following closely ASP. NET concept and is easy to understand and develop on for .NET developers.
Can you recommend a reliable web hosting for DotNetNuke Vs Sitefinity?
If you’d like to use DotNetNuke or Sitefinity to design your websites, you need to search for a good web hosting to host the 2 applications. Who’s the best web hosting for Sitefinity & DotNetNuke? I’ve reviewed dozens of web hosts who can support Sitefinity Vs. DotNetNuke, with my experience, Arvixe Inc. is the best web hosting option!
Arvixe is a reliable DotNetNuke Vs. Sitefinity hosting service provider! Arvixe shared web hosting offers Unlimited disk space, Unlimited monthly data transfer, Unlimited websites hosted, Unlimited email accounts, Unlimited MsSQL Databases, Unlimited MySQL Databases.. Especially, Arvixe can support Monthly payment service, you can feel no worry to host your websites with them.
Sitefinity Installation Requirement:
Meanwhile the Sitefinity Core Team hasn’t been sleeping much lately. New Sitefinity v3.x has been released, along with the release of Microsoft’s new asp.net version 2.0. In order to install Sitefinity v3.x version, the system should be able to support ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL 2005/2008 database server. Windows 2003 & 2008 servers both are compatible.
Sitefinity Vs. DotNetNuke Resources:
|Sitefinity CMS Solution|
|Sitefinity ASP.NET CMS offers an advanced search service that allows you to quickly and easily find information managed by the CMS. This webinar will demonstrate how to index custom data, hide data, create new search indexes and deliver fast & relevant search results.|
|DotNetNuke is the leading open source web content management system (CMS) and application development framework for Microsoft .NET!|
|Sitefinity Vs. DotNetNuke Comparison|
|In 2009 Readers’ Choice awards, in the Web Content Management category,DotNetNuke Professional Edition took the runner-up spot and Telerik’s Sitefinity CMS received an honorable mention, dropping down from the runner-up spot last year. I have used both and believe they are great products, DNN being open source and with broader community, Sitefinity with its suite of controls..|
|Check the newest Sitefinity themes & Templates at Sitefinity.com!|
|Professional DotNetNuke Skin design and development. Low cost skin customization and template conversion. Live preview and instant download for every skin.|